Feedback

This page is a place for feedback and comments, both good and bad, from readers regarding the website and its social media channels.

Feel free to share your thoughts, discuss or criticise the site and its content, and make suggestions on ways to improve Stickboy Bangkok if you have any. However, comments that are abusive, contain personal attacks, persistent trolling or use coarse language will be deleted.

Some of the comments below were left on other areas of the site and have been moved here as they were off topic and irrelevant to where they were made.

All comments are moderated to avoid falling foul of Thailand’s strict Computer Crimes Act.

share on facebookshare on twitter

comments

• mauldid on October 28th, 2015 at 3:00 pm

Love your articles and pics but navigating through is horrible. Its 2015, should be easier and cleaner when trying to go to the next or previous pic.

• Stickboy BKK on October 28th, 2015 at 3:05 pm

I hear ya and I’ve tried a ton of scripts but have yet to find one that does what I want – show the biggest version of the photo without shrinking them to fit a popout.

• jeff on November 15th, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Is this a GESTAPO site?

• Stickboy BKK on November 15th, 2015 at 12:25 pm

No but racism and crude comments aren’t welcome – as you can see, all of your other comments are approved.

• NorDevil on January 14th, 2016 at 11:06 am

I love looking through what you have on your website but . . . ok . . . maybe I am too old but your language . . . puts me off and stops me from recommending the site to my friends. You can still tell a good story . . . even be sarcastic without calling people names . . .

• Roger Buck on February 1st, 2016 at 12:03 pm

Re your story about possible suicide at View Tally 2 Jomtien. You report about Dutchman and been with lady 8 months. Pattaya One reports he is Danish and they had been together 8 years. ?
    I exchange pleasantries with him each morning at the swimming pool. He is Danish.
    Sad story

• Stickboy BKK on February 1st, 2016 at 12:37 pm

Hey Roger, thanks for your comment.

I don’t read Pattaya One so don’t know what they reported. I seen the story on two Thai news sites who both reported the man as coming from the Netherlands.

One stated the couple had been together 8 years, the other 8 months. Looking at the woman’s Facebook profile it stated she was single and in an open relationship which led me to go with the version that reported them together for 8 months.

As is always the case, Thai news can be very conflicting from outlet to outlet when reporting a story.

• anonymous on February 25th, 2016 at 1:39 pm

Hi, just a quick email to let you know that your RSS is broken. Please could you fix it so that I can get my daily fix of StickboyBKK?

• Greg Rumble on March 6th, 2016 at 4:26 am

Have to thought of having your Stickboy logo printed on a T shirt? I would buy one. I like your site. Plenty of news you don’t normally see in the mainstream media. Thanks.

• Tel on March 13th, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Good point about flipping cars!!

The ingenious design in most of Thailands central reservations (the ramp at the bottom of the concrete Moulding!!)
    is obviously what’s to blame in the many many overturned cars I’ve seen on our roads over the years!
    Is that design feature anywhere else in the world?!
    Lol

• J West on March 16th, 2016 at 7:44 pm

Hey Stick….it’s great to see someone has picked up the torch left by Bernard Trink…the original Nite Owl of early Bangkok night life fame. You’re doing a great job…lots of fun reading your page.

• Stickboy BKK on March 17th, 2016 at 12:17 am

Glad to hear you enjoy J West :)

• Phil beer on March 22nd, 2016 at 5:08 pm

Hey want to know what nationality are you??

• Stickboy BKK on March 23rd, 2016 at 2:05 am

I’m from Scotland

• JayRozz on March 31st, 2016 at 6:16 pm

Always been a fan of your story telling, updates and of course the photos of the best of what Thailand has to offer. Mauldid is right about the scroll through for the photos…not user friendly. Keep up the good work! Maybe an article on best places to stay near the best spots? …any thoughts? Anyway, keep it up!

• Jomtien Man on April 1st, 2016 at 7:08 am

email address to send you pics please ?

• Stickboy BKK on April 1st, 2016 at 1:13 pm

stickboybkk@gmail.com – cheers

• J West on April 28th, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Hi Stick….regarding your snap of BKK in 1957. I was first here in 1972 and the scene in the photo could have been taken the day I arrived. BKK was an entirely different place….there were very few tourists or hotels to stay at. There were no high rise commercial or condo buildings, no malls, no BTS, no expressways, and the only long distance line out for travelers was at the GPO on Charoen Krung.

Look behind the subjects in the pic and see very few cars or buses. Men didn’t wear shorts, that was almost forbidden, and westerners like myself were pointed at and aped behind their backs by the children for our arm hair…Thai’s then would obsess picking fine hair of themselves with tweezers.

The Vietnam War was just ending, a majority of the farang in town were related to the military in some way. I was a trader and could count the number of farang business people in the city.

The Malaysia Hotel on Rama 4 was the place to hang out as a bar scene….full of spooks, skeazy diplomats and hangers on. Patpong was a a few bars …with ‘The Mississippi Queen’ being the only one with a decent sound system.

What changed was the publication of the first Lonely Planet ‘Twat Packer Guide’ and within just a few years thousands of idiots of every description were pouring in. Tony and Maureen Wheeler wrote the first draft of the Lonely Planet at the Malaysia Hotel. If I could go back in time I’d burn the place down knowing now that mass tourism was the worst thing that ever happened to ‘our little slice of paradise’….including Malaysia and Indonesia. Bali was still pristine beaches painted in a dreamscape.

It’s been bloody awful to watch as Pattaya transformed into the shithole it is today from a relatively quiet beach community. There wasn’t a single hotel on Phuket the first time I went there, having to carry all our own supplies including water.

I blog extensively on the subject of the sex pat phenom…and predict it will get worse due to a wild shift in western retiree stats. I won’t take any more of your time….thx for the memory of BKK at it’s best.

J West Hardin Author-Blogger-Travel Columnist Contributor & Travel Video productions

jwesthardin.wordpress.com

• James on April 30th, 2016 at 4:29 pm

The dinosaur park at emquartier just blew all the power on sukhunvit 24. All my work and the food my girlfriend has been destroyed.

All the dinosaurs are still moving despite slowly asking people to leave without a refund!

Welcome to bangkok where a rich mall operator can destroy your weekend and keep making money.

• J West on May 14th, 2016 at 12:13 pm

LOvE the pics of BKK back in the day…keep ’em coming.

• Eileen Tan on May 30th, 2016 at 4:27 pm

How about news on Boys Clubs for Ladies to go to

• Stickboy BKK on May 30th, 2016 at 8:08 pm

Eileen that is a subject for someone else to cover, not my kind of thing.

• Don on July 16th, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Can you find out why “The Dubliner” closed? I’ve only heard a few boring rumors so far.

Thanks

• Steve on August 28th, 2016 at 3:33 pm

Please disable anti-adblocking message. I wish to support your site but having blocked ads from hosts file, not from adblocker, and from a customised browser on my phone it’s difficult to browse the site. Even then there are workarounds.

• Richard on October 8th, 2016 at 5:07 am

Stickboy beats the ass off every other ex-pat website in Thailand. Original, funny, unique, insightful, knowledgeable, hard-hitting, thoughtful, no bs, day in, day out.

• Ashley on October 9th, 2016 at 9:53 pm

I dont know whats gone on, but I no longer like your fb page, dont see anything on my time line , can not leave comments or even message you.. its as if i have been blocked,, for what, i have no idea.

• Stickboy BKK on October 9th, 2016 at 9:57 pm

I’ve no idea but if you think you’ve possibly been banned you might want to check here – https://www.stickboybangkok.com/opinion/todays-forecast-cloudy-chance-banhammer/

• Mike on November 3rd, 2016 at 7:58 pm

A search function would be nice. Perhaps you have one hidden somewhere. Over the years, Stickboy has posted many interesting things. Often, I try to find one item or another and cannot.

• Stickboy BKK on November 3rd, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Its right there in the sidebar 😉